Thursday, July 7, 2016

Wait, we're Baptist?

Hi, I'm Nikki. (Hello, Nikki!) I'm 34 years old and I live in Pahrump, NV. It's a fairly small town an hour from Las Vegas. It's known for legalized prostitution. I used to think it was absolutely horrible, but I don't anymore and as you read my posts, you will discover why.


I have a wonderful fiance that I have been with for almost 5 years this month and I have yet to have children. I'm divorced. I'm on disability for panic attacks. And oh yes, for the last year and a half I have been a Christian.


The title of this post came about because last week, when us Christians got together for community group (where we eat, pray, talk, and generally be in fellowship), a friend says "wait, we're Baptists?" She didn't know. We don't really pigeon hole ourselves into a subset group, but yes, technically my church I go to is Southern Baptist. So that's me. Nikki the Baptist.


I am sure I have scared most people off as soon as I said Christian. I promise I'm not preachy. My pastor isn't even very preachy. It's an odd church. We are not normal. We even have shirts that say "weird". We are weird Christians. I still have an identity. Yes, I believe God gave me that identity but I'm still an individual. I have interests outside of church. I think this is ok. I'm still new to religion. I used to be Agnostic.


I want to take you on my journey. Past, present, future. People tell me I'm a good writer. They love my Facebook posts. I just speak. This is how I talk if I wasn't so shy to speak out loud to strangers. I speak from my heart. I am excited to share my life with you. Openly, without regrets.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. I am very excited to follow you on your journey :-)

    ReplyDelete